Why supporting girls’ education will help end poverty
What can you do
Holding a fundraising activity for Plan International Australia at your school will help to protect girls from harm and help them to access quality education and health services.
Schools are great at coming up with creative ideas for fundraising, from quiz nights and discos, to bake sales and casual days, the list is almost endless. Tell us your idea by completing the Fundraising Proposal Form.
Need some inspiration? Here are some ways we would love your school to get involved:
- Hold a lunchtime auction of something that almost every student would pay top dollar for – the chance to 'buy' a teacher or principal for a few hours or to do a task…
- Run a lunchtime bake sale – yum!
- Instead of buying lunch, why not have your school mates or friends bring in their own lunch one day and donate what is normally spent at the canteen
- Nominate a sports game or school event to be an official fundraiser and charge entry fee or request donations
- Hold a non-uniform day - it could be casual clothes or fancy dress!
- Ask all the students to donate unwanted books and hold a book sale
- Give it up! Whether it’s chocolate, make up or technology - what could you live without? Try 24 hours, a week or even a month and ask friends and family to sponsor you.
Whatever it is, make it fun!