Plan International Australia Promotion
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences on 16/09/2022 and closes at 8:30am AEDST on 11/10/2022 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must visit https://my.plan.org.au/change-for-girls-idg or https://planau.me/idg, and sign up to become a Change for Girls supporter through committing to regular four-weekly donations (minimum $20 every four weeks until the arrangement is cancelled). Individuals must input the requested details in the form including their first name, last name, valid email address and telephone number and donation amount and submit the fully completed form so that it is received during the Promotional Period.
Individuals may enter the draw in one of two ways. The first: individuals must visit https://planau.me/idg, and sign up to become a Change for Girls supporter through committing to regular four-weekly donations (minimum $20 every four weeks until the arrangement is cancelled). Individuals must input the requested details in the form including their first name, last name, valid email address and telephone number and donation amount and submit the fully completed form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. Alternatively, individuals may enter the draw by emailing [email protected] and providing their first name, last name, valid email address and telephone number, and stating, in 200 words or less, why International Day of the Girl matters to them. Emails must be received during the Promotional Period to be entered into the draw.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Multiple entries from the same individual are not permitted.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The draw will take place at Plan International Australia, Level 18, 60 City Road, Melbourne, VIC 3000 at 8:50am AEDST on 11/10/2022. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner’s name will be announced at the Plan International Australia Future Women International Day of the Girl Breakfast Event at the Sheraton Hotel on 11/10/2022. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner will have their name published online in social media posts by Plan International Australia from 11/10/2022.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The first valid entry drawn will win a Major Prize Pack consisting of a $500 Witchery voucher, a product pack from L’Oreal Paris to the value of $500 RRP, two Gold Memberships from Future Women and a Spa and Dining voucher from The Sheraton Hotel Melbourne to the value of $199.
14. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take or redeem a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
15. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16. Total prize pool value is $1699.
17. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
18. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 25/10/2022 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified by telephone within two (2) business days of the draw.
19. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
20. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/redemption of a prize.
25. The Promoter is PLAN INTERNATIONAL AUSTRALIA (ABN 49 004 875 807) of Level 18, 60 City Road, Southbank, VIC 3006 Australia, Telephone 13 75 26.