An exciting opportunity has arisen at Plan International Australia to co-create and deliver our overall Digital Strategy, developed in conjunction with the Individual Giving and Influence teams.
With a primary focus on stewarding and growing the organisation’s digital presence, the role will focus on the development and implementation of digital advertising and campaigning strategies that inspire PIA target audiences and supporters to take part in online action – to support our work.
The position will play a leading role in the Centre of Digital Excellence, a cross-functional digital working group responsible for developing and delivering an organisational digital strategy and roadmap, driving strategic testing and reporting, and building digital marketing literacy. As part of this cross-functional team, the role will also contribute to and advise on priority organisation-wide digital projects.
The role will also contribute to the development and use of new tools for digital advertising, digital engagement (chat bot, AI, etc) and campaigning and take a lead role in proposing and implementing creative ideas to further PIA’s online brand presence.
Together with leaders across the organisation, the role will ensure the adoption of safeguarding policies and feminist leadership principles, ensuring whole of organisational alignment with the mission and values of the organisation, through the development of networked, collaborative, organisational approaches to work.
Who are we?
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
What it’s really like
An average day in the PIA, the Marketing & Communications Digital Hub team is quite varied – no day will be quite the same, but throughout your time, we will see you performing these duties:
Campaign and communications strategy and development
- Develop and implement the digital marketing and strategic communications component of the ambitious three-year Marketing Strategy
- Develop and execute multi-channel strategic communication and engagement initiatives to build supporters, donors, brand and issue awareness
- Lead the team responsible for digital marketing assets
- Develop and implement innovative and holistic digital campaigns to grow revenue through the cost-efficient acquisition and retention of new donors
- Facilitating ongoing synergies between the offline and online channels
Digital advertising, and donor journeys
- Identify net-new digital channels to engage Australians in meaningful ways using testing disciplines
- Support in enhancing the donor experience by evolving the digital donor journey and offering meaningful engagement opportunities based on insights from our research
- Draft and develop in conjunction with the digital team, written, digital, video, audio and print content materials for online publication and coach and review work from other members of the extended team to develop the same
- Prepare insightful analysis, recommendations and performance reports
- Responsible for overseeing a team of three subject matter experts and managing external partners
- Create integrated and holistic, cross-department, long term planning strategies which consider key intersections with Fundraising, Advocacy and Communications/Brand
- Evolve and refine the digital product strategy for expanding our online acquisition presence
- Create ongoing flexible, digitally-advanced campaign strategies that accommodate for our current-state IT + web infrastructure
- Inspire and lead the Digital Marketing Team and, with assistance from HR staff, manage all staff related activities such as recruitment and selection, work plans and performance management, ensuring team members meet and exceed agreed objectives and targets by providing support, direction, coaching and feedback.
Our office is in Southbank. We’re looking for someone who can undertake some of their work here, and some of their work at home.
We work hard, but we are always flexible and supportive, offering inclusive leave. We have weekly team meetings, and regular organisation-wide catch ups. From salary packaging to an Employee Assistance Program to support your wellbeing, we are a people-first workplace.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with relevant and diverse experience in the leadership and management and a demonstrated understanding of the digital landscape – past, present, and foresight on what’s to come and passion to stay on the leading edge of digital marketing strategies and best practices.
The core skills we are looking for are:
- A history of running successful digital marketing campaigns across all paid channels
- A proven track record in fundraising
- An aptitude for budget management to meet revenue goals and invest in areas that are a responsible spend of our donor dollars
- Business acumen and the ability to influence others by fostering strong business relationships
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities and professionals; thrive in a fast-paced evolving work culture
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- A strong work ethic coupled with tact and diplomacy
- Personal values consistent with those of Plan International’s organizational values
Hours, pay and start date
This is a full time and ongoing role that falls under Level 5 of the SCHCADS Award. We are looking for someone to begin the role around the end of October, however, can be flexible on start time. Open to remote workers from interstate.
Read the full Position Description (PD) and see whether you think the role is right for you. If you’re interested, upload your cover letter and resume through either SEEK, Ethical Jobs or Pro Bono Careers. Include in your cover letter how your skills align with the criteria as set out in the PD.
Once we’ve got these, if you advance to the next stage, you will be contacted and invited to an interview, either online or face-to-face at the office.
Please note: When you apply, please feel safe to tell us the pronouns you use if you’re comfortable doing so, as well as any adjustments you may need throughout your interview and employment.
Apply before 5PM, Monday 2nd October.
We make hiring decisions based on your skills, passion and experience – this experience extends outside the workplace and includes lived experience. Even if you don’t wholly fit the criteria, we still want to hear from you! At PIA we believe in looking for perspectives and abilities that new team members can bring and add to our culture.
We are dedicated to working with people from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as a child-safe organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Safeguarding Children and Young People policy and code of conduct, and where necessary complete a Working with Children Check.