- Are you a dynamic project manager and team leader willing to take on complex and challenging projects ?
- Are you committed to engaging communities in their own development – particularly related to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) ?
- Are you passionate about human rights and achieving equality ?
- Are you willing to work with communities, Plan’s partners, governments and community institutions to improve WASH services, gender equality and social inclusion ?
If you answered yes to all of the above, this role could be for you.
Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world, working with communities in more than 52 developing countries. Plan unites, empowers and inspires people around the globe to champion children’s rights.
The Solomon Islands WASH Project Manager is specifically responsible for in-country planning, budgeting, monitoring and implementation of the Water for Women project with in-country partner, Live & Learn Solomon Islands.
We are looking for a development professional who has:
- Relevant qualifications and demonstrable experience managing implementation of large grants from major donors (e.g. DFAT, DFID, EU).
- Experience leading in-country implementation teams to deliver complex programs targeting social change.
- Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programs.
** Please note: this position is based in Honiara, Solomon Islands, and strong preference will be given to local and regional candidates.
Please view our Position Description for more details and for role requirements and reporting arrangements.
Applications close: Friday 25th May 2018
Plan has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is a child safe, girls’ rights organisation.
As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct and where necessary complete a Working with Children Check and undergo psychometric testing.