Competitive remuneration package including salary packaging benefits
Great Melbourne CBD location
Utilise your vast experience and technical expertise on a global level
Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We operate in 51 developing countries where we implement community development projects dedicated to supporting children, and particularly girls, to realise their rights. We have national offices in 20 countries where we raise awareness and support and Plan International Australia is the Australian representative office of Plan International.
This is an opportunity for an experienced technical expert in the field of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning looking to make a genuine difference in the international development sector. You will be joining Plan International Australia’s Internal Programs Team. As the successful candidate, you will have a high levels of facilitation, negotiation and relationship building skills which are essential to supporting MEL related development processes. You will be a great communicator and analytical thinker who has a ‘can do’ attitude to work and an ability to provide practical technical support in a collaborative and strategic manner across a diverse range of contexts. You will also have a strong interest in the learning and reflection processes as key elements of assessing development effectiveness across diverse programs.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Advisor has the responsibility to lead on and coordinate Plan International Australia’s program Monitoring Evaluation and Learning from a technical, systems and procedures perspective on behalf of the Programs Department.
This role requires international travel.
- Lead Program Monitoring Evaluation and Learning technical support and analysis
- Lean on Monitoring Evaluation and Learning system, processes and procedures
- Grant acquisition and program development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in contemporary reflection, learning, program quality and MEL practice in diverse development settings
- Evidence of experience in developing MEL tools
- Demonstrated experience of leading project evaluations in a developing country setting
- High level understanding of inclusion (gender, disability & child protection) and the role of MEL in promoting good practice
- Strong capacity to conceptualise, analyse and present complex MEL data and information
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a social science and/or research discipline. Post graduate qualification in MEL desirable, and a strong conceptual understanding of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
To learn more about this role please view the Position Description here.
Join Plan International Australia and know that your work is helping transform the world for children
Applications close on Monday 2 April 2018 so please send your complete application (cover letter addressing our position criteria and CV) to: