We are recruiting for a Project Officer, Child Rights and Protection
- Child Rights and Protection
- Located opposite Flinders St Station on the sunny side of the river
- Be part of a powerful movement championing children’s rights & gender equality
- Strong positive culture
An extraordinary opportunity for a passionate Child rights and protection advocate has arisen with Plan International Australia. Reporting to the Senior Advisor, Child Rights and Protection and being part of our dynamic and dedicated Programs Department, this role will be a vital part of the very core of Plan International Australia.
Plan International is a global independent development and humanitarian organisation. As one of the oldest, largest and most experienced organisations in our field we know that there is nowhere in the world where girls are treated as equals. We work alongside children, young people, supporters and partners to tackle root causes of the injustices facing girls and the most marginalised children.
We need someone who can support the achievement of the maximum impact for children and young people through Plan International Australia’s international programs work and through Plan International Australia’s role as the global lead for Civil Registration and Vital Statistics programming. The Project Officer has the responsibility to manage Child Rights & Protection projects through the project cycle, with a particular focus on striving for best practice in child rights, child protection, and gender equality. The project officer will also support the Child Rights and Protection portfolio in implementing the lead National Office role for Birth Registration Innovations in the global organization, including through knowledge management, communication, and administrative support. This job represents an excellent opportunity for an early career international development specialist to grow their experience and knowledge in this sector and contribute to Plan International’s purpose of advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Support Child Rights and Protection Program Management
- Provide administrative and management support to the Plan International Australia Child Rights and Protection Advisor and Plan International colleagues
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Passion for child protection, child rights, gender, and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree at a recognised University
- Understanding of rights based development, gender and inclusive development practice
- Skills and interest in exploring and using platforms for online collaboration e.g. Office 365, Yammer, Facebook for work
- Willingness to undertake some international travel and to work outside of standard office hours (to enable effective communication across timezones).
Please refer to the Position Description for our complete selection criteria.
We care deeply about what we do and are big-hearted about it. Our passion is to be positive, courageous, bold, forward-looking and supportive. If this resonates with you, and you have the skills and experience that we need. Please send your cover letter addressing our key selection criteria and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - With Project Officer – Child Rights and Protection in the subject line.
By COB 13th July 2018
Plan International Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive workplace culture that embraces and celebrates diversity. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community because we believe diverse opinions and experiences will enrich our team and best represent our beneficiaries and partners across the globe.
Plan International has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is a child safe, girls’ rights organisation.
As part of our screening process in support of the safeguarding of children, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Safeguarding Children & Young People Policy.