Plan International Australia in Papua New Guinea WASH Project Gender and Social Inclusion Coordinator
- Are you a dynamic project coordinator willing to take on complex and challenging projects?
- Are you committed to engaging communities in their own development – particularly related to transformative gender and social inclusion change?
- Are you passionate about human rights and achieving equality?
- Are you willing to work with communities, Plan’s partners, governments and community institutions to improve WASH services, gender equality and social inclusion?
If you answered yes to the above, this role could be for you.
Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world, working with communities in more than 52 developing countries. Plan unites, empowers and inspires people around the globe to champion children’s rights.
The Papua New Guinea WASH Project Gender and Social Inclusion Coordinator is specifically responsible for in-country planning, budgeting, coordination, monitoring and implementation of the gender and social inclusion aspects of the Water for Women Fund project in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville, and for strengthening the capacity of Plan PNG WASH project staff, key government stakeholders, local partner organisations and community members in gender and social inclusion.
We are looking for a development professional who has:
- Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of gender rights, women’s empowerment, and disability inclusion programs.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating, training, facilitating and capacity building of organisational staff, partners and community members and community-based organisations in gender and social inclusion.
- Experience in a project implementation team delivering a complex project targeting gender and socially inclusive social change.
- Experience in gender and social inclusion approaches within the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programs.
** Please note: this position is based in Buka, Autonomous Region of Bougainville, and strong preference will be given to local and regional candidates.
Please view our Position Description for more details and for role requirements and reporting arrangements.
Please send your complete application (cover letter and CV) and all queries by email to: email@example.com
PIA in PNG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive workplace culture that embraces and celebrates diversity. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community because we believe diverse opinions and experiences will enrich our team and best represent our beneficiaries and partners across the globe.
Plan has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is a child safe, girls’ rights organisation. As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applications close: 20th November 2019