Plan International Australia in Papua New Guinea WASH Program Manager
- Are you a dynamic program manager and team leader willing to take on complex and challenging projects?
- Are you passionate about human rights and achieving equality?
- Are you willing to work with communities, Plan’s partners, governments and community institutions to improve gender equality and social inclusion and WASH services?
- Are you committed to engaging communities in their own development – particularly related to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)?
If you answered yes to the above, this role could be for you.
Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world, working with communities in more than 52 developing countries. Plan unites, empowers and inspires people around the globe to champion children’s rights.
The Papua New Guinea WASH Program Manager is specifically responsible for in-country planning, budgeting, monitoring and implementation of the Water for Women Fund project in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville and for coordination with in-country implementing partner, Live & Learn PNG.
We are looking for a development professional who has:
- Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience managing implementation of large grants from major donors (e.g. DFAT, DFID, EU)
- Experience leading in-country implementation teams to deliver complex programs targeting social change
- Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH or gender and social inclusion programs
** Please note: this position is based in Buka, Autonomous Region of Bougainville, and strong preference will be given to local and regional candidates.
Please view our Position Description for more details and for role requirements and reporting arrangements.
Please send your complete application (cover letter and CV) and all queries by email to: email@example.com
PIA in PNG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive workplace culture that embraces and celebrates diversity. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community because we believe diverse opinions and experiences will enrich our team and best represent our beneficiaries and partners across the globe.
Plan has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is a child safe, girls’ rights organisation. As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applications close: 6th December 2019