Competitive remuneration package including salary packaging benefits
Great Melbourne CBD location
Utilise your vast experience and technical expertise on a global level
Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We operate in 51 developing countries where we implement community development projects dedicated to supporting children, and particularly girls, to realise their rights. We have national offices in 20 countries where we raise awareness and support and Plan International Australia is the Australian representative office of Plan International.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Humanitarian Advisor specializing in Disaster Risk and Resilience to make a genuine difference in the international development sector. You will be joining Plan International Australia’s Disaster Risk and Resilience Team. As the successful candidate, you will be committed to humanitarian services, have extensive field work experience and a readiness for deployment on short notice. Rapid response is essential!
This role requires international travel.
- AHP Consortium Management
- Emergency response and recovery programming and coordination
- Lead in funding and positioning
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Tertiary qualification in international development and relevant field experiences in emergency response contexts as well as an understanding of multi-donors including the Australian Government’s Aid Program systems and procedures.
- Quality experience in humanitarian work in developing country contexts in Asia, Africa, and the Pacific
- An in-depth understanding of development and humanitarian relief theory, internationally recognised humanitarian standards and guidelines, and the role of international NGOs in rapid response emergency situations, including a sound understanding of how to promote gender equality in emergency programming,
- Demonstrated ability to work and build capacity of implementing partners
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective emergency preparedness, response and recovery planning.
- Demonstrated written skills and well developed assessment, program development, evaluation, project proposal and budget preparation skills.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage workflows, balance competing priorities and to deliver quality results within deadlines.
- Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders (cross functional teams across all levels of the organisation).
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to PIA’s and Plan International approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity.
- Project management & report writing
- Knowledge on EEO/AA and proposal related policies
- Working knowledge of international standards in development and humanitarian situations
- A good understanding of disaster management and development issues.
- Deployability and International travel
- Strong ability to work with the team in DR&R unit
To learn more about this role please view the Position Description here.
Join Plan International Australia and know that your work is helping transform the world for children
Applications close on Monday 2 April 2018 so please send your complete application (cover letter addressing our position criteria and CV) to: