- Permanent full time
- Attractive salary, dependent on experience, access to salary packaging
- Develop and grow within an exciting organisation
- Melbourne CBD location, a short walk from Flinders Street Station
This is a unique opportunity to develop and grow a passionate team of in house Face to Face fundraisers, generating long term support and passionate advocates for one of the world’s oldest and most respected organisations.
About Plan International Australia
Plan International is a global independent development and humanitarian organisation. We work alongside children, young people, supporters and partners to tackle root causes of the injustices facing girls and the most marginalised children.
As one of the oldest, largest and most experienced organisations in our field we know that there is nowhere in the world where girls are treated as equals. Girls are taken out of school, fed least and last, married as children, intimidated out of public spaces, abused and excluded – just for being a girl. Yet when girls have the same opportunities to thrive, they have the potential to transform their futures, and the futures of those around them.
We also work with boys, recognising that each child faces different barriers and that equality is the key to ensuring all children can thrive
About the role
Established in 2011, Plan International has one of the longest standing in house Face to Face fundraising teams in Australia. This is a new role that has been designed to assist grow the team over the next few years.
Reporting to the In House F2F Fundraising Manager, the Operations Officer covers a broad portfolio. They are responsible for recruitment support, locations booking, post-sign up verification and processing, payroll and ensuring the in house team operate smoothly.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in Plan International Australia’s impassioned and a large international NGO. The successful applicant will be exposed to wider fundraising programs within the context of a highly regarded award winning team.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to cope with broad responsibilities and competing deadlines
- Understanding of face to face fundraising or sales
- Sales and objection handling skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy – Excel, word, outlook
- Very strong communication skills – written and oral
- Familiarity with reporting software and / or fundraising databases / acquisition software
- Experience in recruitment
- Understanding of broader fundraising principles.
- Current eligibility to work in Australia
Apply to work with us:
We care deeply about what we do and are big-hearted about it. Our passion is to be positive, courageous, forward-looking and supportive. If this resonates with you, and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for – please apply by midnight Monday 28 January 2019.
Please note applications received after this date will not be considered.
Applications must contain:
- Cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria – available from the Position Description
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com
Please include In House F2F Operation Officer in the subject line. No agencies please.
Plan has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is a child safe, girls’ rights organisation.
As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct, and where necessary complete a Working with Children Check and undergo psychometric testing.