- Exciting opportunity to lead a key organisation in the INGO sector
- Pivotal role in advancing children’s rights and equality for girls globally
Plan International is one of the world’s oldest and largest children’s development organisations. Operating in 52 countries, Plan works with communities on programs dedicated to supporting children, particularly girls, to realise their rights. Plan International Australia is one of 22 national offices which raises awareness, financial and other support. Plan engages with a very broad community of supporters, business leaders, media, bureaucrats and politicians and is an active member of the Australian Council for International Development. The CEO is an influential member of the Plan International National Director team.
CEO Ian Wishart has recently announced his resignation after 16 successful years. Reporting to the Board, the CEO is responsible for all aspects of the organisation from delivering on the strategic plan, through to sound financial management and wide-ranging stakeholder engagement. The CEO is also responsible for exemplary leadership of a diverse workforce, in Australia and the Pacific, including 135 paid employees, partners and volunteers. It is the leading role for an organisation responding to a rapidly changing environment.
The Board is keen to hear from individuals who are optimistic, motivated, and committed to international development and to Plan’s role as a leading girl’s rights organisation. Other necessary attributes include:
- A track record in successful people leadership and change management, in an environment with a strong values orientation, preferably in an internationally focussed organisation
- Sound commercial acumen and financial literacy with a sophisticated appreciation of governance, experience working to a Board and understanding of public fundraising
- High level communication and representational skills with experience working with a very broad range of stakeholders, locally and internationally.
|To find out more about the opportunity please contact email@example.com to obtain a position description and instructions on how to apply. Applications close 9:00am Monday 8th January 2018.|