Plan International Australia in Papua New Guinea Disaster Risk and Resilience Program Coordinator
- Are you a dynamic project coordinator willing to take on complex and challenging projects?
- Are you committed to engaging communities in strengthening their resilience against climate change and natural disasters?
- Are you passionate about gender equality for girls and children?
- Are you willing to work with communities, Plan’s partners, governments and community institutions to improve disaster responses services and to strengthen disaster preparedness?
If you answered yes to the above, this role could be for you.
Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world, working with communities in more than seventy countries. Plan unites, empowers and inspires people around the globe to work together for children’s rights and equality for girls.
The Papua New Guinea Disaster Risk and Resilience (DRR) Program Coordinator is specifically responsible for in-country planning, budgeting, coordination, monitoring and implementation of the AHP (Australian Humanitarian Partnership) Disaster READY project in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville. You will be responsible for leading Plan’s relationship with the Provincial Government, the National Disaster Centre, with other AHP partners including ChildFund PNG, local Government and communities.
You will be in-charge of developing your own annual work plan and budget including how you will work with project volunteers who are already in place. You will be required to travel often to remote communities, Port Moresby and to Australia for coordination meetings. You will receive dynamic training in child safeguarding, prevention of sexual exploitation and harassment, as well as DRR and humanitarian management.
We are looking for a development professional who has:
- Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness and disaster response programs.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating, training, facilitating and capacity building of partners, community members and community-based organisations in DRR
- A passion for gender and socially inclusive social change in DRR.
- Experience in climate change adaptation strategies.
- High level reporting skills, including community level accountabilities and donor reports.
** Please note: this position is based in Buka, Autonomous Region of Bougainville, and strong preference will be given to local and regional candidates.
Please view our Position Description for more details and for role requirements and reporting arrangements.
Please send your complete application (cover letter and CV) and all queries by email to email@example.com
Applications close: Friday 28th February, 2020
PIA in PNG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive workplace culture that embraces and celebrates diversity. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community because we believe diverse opinions and experiences will enrich our team and best represent our beneficiaries and partners across the globe.
Plan has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is a child safe, girls’ rights organisation. As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.