Job DescriptionPlan International Australia’s Commitment and Mission
Plan International is a global not-for-profit, working to change the world so that all children can live happy and healthy lives, and so that girls in all their diversities can take their rightful place as equals.
At Plan International Australia, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe all different opinions and experiences will enrich our team and represent our beneficiaries and partners across the globe. Our commitment to an inclusive workplace culture means we embrace working with all sectors of the community.
Be the change you want to see
For 85 years we’ve worked hand-in-hand with local communities, so babies can survive their first 1000 days, so children can learn in safe environments, so girls can strive for work outside the home, so young people can speak up for their rights. We know that girls are the most marginalised by poverty, and for too long have been held back from reaching their full potential. This is why we work with all children to solve poverty but especially girls. We have a long history, but our approach is new. We’re secular, and we view the children, families and local communities we work with as our partners and our equals.
Possibility. Opportunity. Equality. Partnership. Love. Humanity. This is what we stand for.
The Opportunity at Plan International Australia
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, as the Leader of our Enterprise Solutions (IT) Team you will have overall responsibility for the provision and delivery of Enterprise Solutions (IT) strategy, services and associated outcomes. As a high-profile leader, you will drive change, mentor your team, and manage back end platforms of the organisation.
This is an interesting and diverse role that will involve partnering with many teams cross-organisation to ensure optimum efficiency is reached in all teams.
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage Enterprise Solutions team (approximately 3-4 direct reports)
- Develop strong internal & external stakeholder relationships with leaders across the organisation, facilitating open communication to identity opportunities to implement and/or improve our information technology systems and service delivery performance
- Develop and execute strategic plans and roadmaps for Enterprise Solutions
- Be a Thought Leader in the organisation around technology solutions
- Develop and maintain effective governance of Information systems and infrastructure; including risk management, compliance and data integrity/security
- Oversee the provision of IT operations & service desk support
- Proactive management and balancing of capacity, delegation and development within your team
- Regular reporting and budgeting
What you’ll bring
As someone who is or aspires to be a leader in IT, you will bring:
- Experience with technical and people leadership, the ability to grow and nurture a team & a strong ability to influence stakeholders both internally and externally
- Five-plus (5+) years of corporate IT systems implementation
- A Bachelor degree in Business, Information Systems of equivalent experience such as Lean, Six Sigma or Agile certification
- Solid understanding of complex IT systems analysis and functions – including infrastructure, security, applications development, database management, service desk support.
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills, to build positive relationships across multiple teams whilst coordinating changes and focusing on deliverables
- Proven track record in delivering high quality digital projects and products
- Be capable of leading by example – promoting Plan International’s values and mission
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work, joining an organisation with dedicated staff that are passionate about what they do
- Opportunity to connect and contribute to the global Plan network
- Hybrid working culture and an office based in Melbourne CBD (Southbank)
- Salary packaging
- Genuinely flexible leave and working arrangements, such as inclusive parental leave (also open to part-time / flexible hours)
- Committees, events, team activities and network opportunities with a range of initiatives to get involved in
- An Employee Assistance Program to support your mental and social wellbeing
How to apply
Email us with a copy of your updated CV and a cover letter clearly stating how your skills and experience meet each of the selection criteria as listed in the Position Description.
Include the title of the role in the subject line and email to [email protected]
Our commitment to you…
If you are wondering whether this role is for you, however you believe in yourself and know you have what is needed to fulfil this role, please apply anyway. At PIA we believe in looking for skills and abilities that new team members can bring and add to our culture. Even if you don’t wholly fit the criteria, we still want to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Plan International is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to being a child-safe organisation. We are dedicated to working people from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Apply before Monday 30 May 2022!
Please note: We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience, and passion. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need throughout your interview.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Safeguarding Children and Young People policy and code of conduct, and where necessary complete a Working with Children Check.
Join Plan International Australia and help create justice for children and equality for girls.