You’re creating equality for girls
– Arun*, who has left a gift in his Will to Plan International Australia
A gift in your Will can positively change the landscape for girls. Then, both boys and girls can access their rights:
- Learning. To go to school, properly fed and clothed, and receive a quality education.
- Decision-making. To choose when and whom they marry and to say no to harassment, violence and exploitation.
- Leading. To forge ahead in a career of their choice and to be change agents in their own villages and communities.
It is not possible to overcome poverty without dealing with gender inequality. Every day, millions of girls around the world are being denied their rights.
Girls are more likely to be:
- Excluded from school
- Married and have children early
- Suffer from family violence
- Less valued than boys
- Treated as commodities to be exploited and sold
- Excluded from decisions that affect them.
Let us make the world a fairer place for girls. This is not the work of one day but of years. Generations in fact.A gift in your Will means ALL of tomorrow’s children – boys AND girls – get the chance to be the best they can be.