About the job
Plan International Australia strives for a just world for all children and equality for girls. A world where all children can live happy and healthy lives and where girls have equal opportunities. This is the world you will be helping to create.
Do you want to use your digital skills to make the world a more equal place for girls?
Do you have experience building digital capability and insights across an organisation, including by upskilling staff in key areas of digital content and website management?
Do you have a track record of successful technical and content ownership of a website, including optimising website content, implementing a SEO strategy, and maintaining quality assurance, accessibility standards and integration with other platforms?
We are looking for a Digital Specialist (Website) to join our team and help take Plan’s digital capacity to the next level.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will be:
- Developing innovative and flexible digital training strategy and solutions that will help staff learn to create and upload website content in accordance with brand, SEO and technical standards
- Managing PIA’s website and customer portal by updating content and progressing overall design and structure
- Creating, updating and optimising website content, ensuring accessibility and quality standards are upheld and SEO/SEM strategy is implemented
- Managing and maintaining website analytics and reporting, and provide data and insights to inform campaign performance reviews and strategic decision making
- Increasing the volume of high-quality traffic to the website through collaborating on best practice online marketing techniques
An ideal candidate for the role will have:
- The ability to train staff in key areas of digital content and website management, actively building the capability of diverse teams
- Experience with WordPress and Google Analytics, and the related technical expertise to uphold website quality, performance and accessibility
- Hands-on experience with email, web and eCommerce platforms (BBIS, Autopilot, WP, Shopify), web content strategy and management
- A strong understanding of SEO and SEM strategies
- Skills with UX, web design, usability and content management to work and create new pages, websites, features and user flows
- Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), CSS skills
- Experience in vendor/agency management
- Alignment with PIA values and commitment to social impact, feminist leadership and sharing
About Plan International Australia
Plan International is a global not-for-profit, working to change the world so that all children can live happy and healthy lives, and so girls in all their diversities can take their rightful place as equals.
For 80 years we’ve worked hand-in-hand with local communities, so babies can survive their first 1000 days, so children can learn in safe environments, so girls can strive for work outside the home, so young people can speak up for their rights. We know that girls are the most marginalised by poverty, and for too long have been held back from reaching their full potential. This is why we work with all children to solve poverty but especially girls.
We have a long history, but our approach is new. We’re secular, and we view the children, families and local communities we work with as our partners and our equals.
Possibility. Opportunity. Equality. Partnership. Love. Humanity. This is what we stand for.
Stand with us. Stand for equality.
How to apply
To be considered for the role, applicants must attach both, an updated CV and a cover letter clearly stating how their skills and experience meet each of the selection criteria, which is listed on the Position Description, available here
Applications must arrive before 30th August 2021
Plan International Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive workplace culture that embraces and celebrates diversity. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community because we believe diverse opinions and experiences will enrich our team and best represent our beneficiaries and partners across the globe.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Safeguarding Children and Young People policy and code of conduct, and where necessary complete a Working with Children Check.
Join Plan International Australia and help create justice for children and equality for girls.