Terms and Conditions
By entering into Plan International Australia’s Because I am a Girl competition (the Promotion) you agree to the following;
- 1. The promoter is Plan International Australia ABN 49 004 875 807 (Plan) and
- 2. Entry in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- 3. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. All entrants release Facebook and Instagram from any liability arising in respect of the Promotion, to the extent permitted by law.
- 4. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 or over excluding the Board Members, Directors and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoters. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- 5. The competition commences at 4pm on 28th November 2016 and closes at 3pm on Monday 5th December 2016. Only entries received during this time period will be eligible.
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the entry mechanic below during the promotion period:
a) during the Promotional Period, visit and post as a comment on the Favourite Childhood Gift competition picture on https://www.facebook.com/becauseiamagirl or visit and post a comment to the #favouritechildhoodgift competition picture on the Instagram page @plan_australia;
b.) submit, in 25 words or less, an original, creative and inspiring answer to this question ‘In 25 words or less, what was your favourite childhood gift and why.’
c.) accept the terms and conditions of entry by submitting an entry as comment to the social media pictures.
d.) Please ensure your account is set to public so that we can view your entry
e.) The most original, creative and inspiring entry will win a $250 Etsy Australia voucher to be redeemed online
Warranty and Copyright
- 7. By entering the Competition, each entrant warrants to the Promoters that the entry (including but not limited to the response to question in point 6 above, provided) and any other work subsequently submitted is an original work of the entrant, has not been wholly or partially copied from any other design or work, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party or breach consumer protection legislation. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoters against all claims and costs arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- 8. While the entrant retains the copyright of all comments submitted as competition entries, the entrant grants the Promoter a licence to unlimited world-wide use of the entry in whole or in part for promotion and advertising purposes in any format, including without limitation agreeing to the publication and sharing of response to question in Point 6 above/s via television, print and on-line media.
- 9. The entrant waives and agrees not to enforce his/her moral rights under Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) in relation to the entry, the photograph or any part thereof.
- 10. By entering the promotion the entrant warrants that he or she has obtained from all persons appearing in the comments all necessary releases, waivers and consents for the entrant to submit their entry as part of this competition and for the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with condition 8. If any person shown in the entry is under the age of 18, the release, waiver and consent of the parent or legal guardian of that person is required.
- 11. Entry into the Promotion is subject to the entrant providing, if requested, the releases, waivers and consents described in conditions 8, 9 and 10.
Conditions of Entry
- 12. If for any reason the Promoter is unable to publish or otherwise use an entry submitted as part of this competition in accordance with condition 8, that entry will be excluded and the entrant is not eligible to be awarded the prize.
- 13. Plan International Australia is committed to protecting the security, privacy, and dignity of all children. Any entries submitted of a child must not contain personal identifying information. This is in line with Plan’s child protection policy and guidelines, which can be accessed at http://www.plan.org.au/About-Us/Accountability/Child-Protection.aspx
- 14. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected. The Promoter reserves the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry where they reasonably suspect that such materials are prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or any relevant law, and discussions will not be entered into. Entries that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, or otherwise contain objectionable or inappropriate content will be deemed invalid and rejected and discussions will not be entered into.
- 15. Entrants may submit multiple entries.
- 16. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provides proof of identity, age, and proof of residency as a condition of receipt of the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not (in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- 17. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
How to Win
- 18. The winning entry will be the one judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter to be the most creative and inspiring. Entry is opened to Australian Residents only. All entries will be judged and the winner announced at the offices of Plan International on Monday 5 December 3pm. The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 19. Winners will be notified via a Facebook or Instagram post on their winning entry within two business days of the judging date and are required to respond within 28 business days to collect their prize. Entrants who are not winners will not receive any notification at all.
- 20. The Promoters will publish the name of the winner at https://www.facebook.com/becauseiamagirl.au from 4pm 5 December 2016 for a period of 28 days.
- 21. The winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize.
- 22. The winner must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- 23. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
23. The prize is a $250 Etsy Australia Gift Card:
a. The voucher is to be redeemed at participating stores at etsy.com/redeem. You will need to register with Etsy to redeem your voucher.
b. Etsy Gift vouchers do not expire. Use of the gift card constitutes acceptance of Etsy's policies. To review Etsy's policies, check your balance, and for customer support, please visit www.etsy.com/giftcards.
- 24. The prize is not exchangeable, non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- 25. The Promoters shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which arises in any way out of the Promotion (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with a prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoters will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoters including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
- 26. To receive the $250 Etsy Gift card, the winner must contact Plan International Australia directly via the email address email@example.com and quote their full name, telephone number and email address.
- 27. Entrants' personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Promotion, publicise the winners in accordance with paragraph 20 and to use the license specified in paragraph 8.
- 28. Without limiting paragraph 27, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this Promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy policies, copies of which are available at www.plan.org.au/privacypolicy
Further Terms and Conditions
- 29. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- 30. The judges' decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated email address. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.